Top ten facts about England
1. York University has a higher density of ducks on its campus than any other university in England.
2. People in the south of England have on average bigger feet than people in the north.
3. The only case of a camel killed by lightning in England was in 1997 at Knowsley Safari Park.
4. Norwich is the only city in England to have been named a “City of Literature” by UNESCO.
5. The only city in England to be named as a World Heritage City by UNESCO is Bath.
6. John Betjeman described Ludlow in Shropshire as “probably the loveliest town in England”.
7. Westward Ho! in Devon is the only town in England which has a name ending with an exclamation mark.
8. A poll of property prices revealed Altrincham, Greater Manchester, as the town with the highest prices per square metre outside London in 2014.
9. Last month, Lincoln announced that it was to become the first place in England to ban taking psychoactive substances (legal highs) in public.